Greetings Citizens and Civilians, you’re tuned to episode 140, of Guard Frequency — the best damn space sim podcast ever! This episode was recorded on Friday 7th October 2016 and released for streaming and download on Tuesday, October 11th 2016 at GuardFrequency.com
Kinshadow’s disguised himself as a research badger and snuck off to Citizen Con, so we had to drag Henry out of the audio booth to bring us another episode of the Best Damn Space Sim Podcast Ever! Starting us out, in this week’s Squawk Box, we have Space for everyone. Well, if they’re in the UN anyway. On the Flight Deck we see what news has landed from your favourite space-sims as we cover:
- Brief notes on Citizen Con
- Crowd funding success and what it means for Dual Universe
- All the good bits from Elite-colon-Dangerouses Beta 2.2 Feedback Livestream
- And it’s here! It’s here! It’s finally here! The Forever Patch 2.0 has finally been released for Infinity: Battlescape.
We then debate fully destructible universes, and finally we tune into the Feedback Loop and let you join in on the conversation.
Call us, Maybe?
If you want to join in the conversation live and virtually present, remember that we will be doing a call-in show this week on October 14th. The main topic of conversation will be Citizen Con and what we learned from it, but we can discuss any space-sim related topic you’d like. Join us on Teamspeak at 10pm Central, 4am GMT.
This Week’s Community Question
- Is a fully destructible universe with freeform construction the key to endlessly emerging gameplay and player engagement? Or does it impose unacceptable limits on fidelity and immersion? Does such a system have benefits or drawbacks that we didn’t cover?
Let us know your thoughts by commenting below!
We got patches!
Join us in-game!
Trackback from your site.