Greetings Citizens and Civilians, you’re tuned to episode 162 of Guard Frequency — the best damn space sim podcast ever! This episode was recorded on March 31st 2017 and released for streaming and download on Tuesday, April 4th 2017 at GuardFrequency.com
- The new adventures of Buzz Lightyear
- The upcoming live action remake of Voltron
- Henry brings us a product review of the Cadbury Creme Capricaccino – the latest Battlestar Galactica themed beverage available at Starbucks.
And for our post April 1st listeners….
- The latest Around The Verse and 2.6.2 for Star Citizen
- Shield balance updates, the official release date for 2.3, and changes to payouts for crew members in Elite: Dangerous
- And a little update on big battles for Infinity: Battlescape
Finally we tune into the Feedback Loop and let you join in on the conversation.
This Week’s Community Questions
- Will you miss the Star Citizen Crowdfunding Update figures now that their gone? No, this is not an April Fools joke, we really are going to stop reading them.
- SC CQ: In Around The Verse, they went into a little more technical detail on the changes to the physics grids than the high level overview that they normally give. We want to know, what’s your opinion on this? Should they be giving us the nitty-gritty where-ever possible, or should they just give us the TL;DR version?
- ED CQ: It’s generated a bit of controversy out in the verse, but we want to know what you think of the changes made to multicrew payouts.
- IB CQ: What are your thoughts on 300-player spaceship battles? Are you looking forward to being in the middle of a conflict that large, or are you the sort of pilot that prefers smaller skirmishes? Have you ever participated in one of EvE’s famed thousand-player fleet battles? If so we’d love to hear your experience!
- Is manned turret gameplay a beneficial alternate way to participate in space sims that just needs some development to get over current hurdles? Or will it always be a little-used feature marred by limitations or immersion breaking abstractions?
Let us know your thoughts by commenting below!
We got patches!
Join us in-game!
Trackback from your site.