Cits and Civs, Captains and Commanders, you’re tuned to episode 350 of Guard Frequency — the best damn space sim podcast ever! This episode was recorded on April 9, 2021 and released for streaming and download on Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at GuardFrequency.com
[Download this episode]
(Right click, Save As…)
This Week’s Schedule
- Flight Deck
- Get the news from the deep black with Spencer McDunn on Galactic Public Radio.
- We continue our audio adventure, Guard Frequency Origins, taking great shots, but not getting cocky, kid.
- Feedback Loop
Links & the Like
- Elite Dangerous moved to Phase 2 of the Odyssey Alpha yesterday, just in time for us to fool around with it for an hour or so. We have to say, the “shipless, suitless free fly” option wasn’t in the brochure, and it’s going to take some explaining before we understand the gameplay loop. There are some more rough edges around the multicrew experience, a couple of sore points in the ground combat, some weird color shifting in the new elevators, and spiffy new instant polarization windows in the starports. And we need to have a word about the new terrain landing system.
- Star Citizen has updated the Signposts on the Map of the Road and we can now tell you in exact detail precisely what the Firesprite Team is doing. Well, we can generally tell you in non-specific terms what they are publicly allowed to announce they are doing. But that’s good too, right?
- And we’re sad to announce that a founder and CEO of a successfully crowdfunded space sim game has been replaced by one of the partners in the main investment firm. Yes, it seems like the “money folks” ran out of patience and have taken over day-to-day operations from the “creative visionary.” And they will, no doubt, rush just any old Minimum Viable Product to market. Oh, sorry, we’re talking about Dual Universe. What did you guys thing this story was about?
- Is the fate of Dual Universe sealed, or is there a plan to save it in the works?
- Did you get your combat on with all the pew pews in Elite Dangerous?
- What changes to the death mechanic (or any of the other mechanics) do you want to see in the Odyssey Alpha?
We love bringing you this show each week, but would also love your support? If you enjoy listening and want to contribute to us being the Best Damn Space Sim Podcast Ever, then go to our Patreon page and look at all of the rewards and loot you would be eligible to receive.
Join Us In Game!
Trackback from your site.