Cits and Civs, Captains and Commanders, you’re tuned to episode 358 of Guard Frequency — the best damn space sim podcast ever! This episode was recorded on June 4, 2021 and released for streaming and download on Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at GuardFrequency.com
[Download this episode]
(Right click, Save As…)
This Week’s Schedule
- Flight Deck
- The news from the deep black with Spencer McDunn on Galactic Public Radio
- Feedback Loop
Links & the Like
- Elite Dangerous dropped another dot-patch yesterday and a roadmap today. In patch news, it was either two steps forward and one step back, or one step forward and two steps back – depending on who you ask. In roadmap news, well, it’s not really a roadmap. And it’s not a signpost either. It’s an itinerary. In other words, it’s a list of places they’d like to go and times that they think they will show up there. It’s distinctly lacking in description of how they will get there or what they will do once they arrive. I think Guard Frequency is going to officially make “roadmap” a “red flag” word like “early access” and “time-share.”
- Star Citizen has Bengals and Greycats and Lightnings, oh my! And while Elite Dangerous has interstellar taxis now, CIG has flying buses – well, it WILL have flying buses.
- No Man’s Sky sneaks in another update, this one is called Prisms. That’s probably because this patch is mostly visual improvements. But there’s also the flying pets, sick beats, and pages of bug fixes. I hope FDev is paying attention.
- Are you clear on the destination of the roadmap for the Odyssey Updates?
- Are you going to see what goodies Sean Murray is giving away in No Man’s Sky?
We love bringing you this show each week, but would also love your support? If you enjoy listening and want to contribute to us being the Best Damn Space Sim Podcast Ever, then go to our Patreon page and look at all of the rewards and loot you would be eligible to receive.
Join Us In Game!
Trackback from your site.