Cits and Civs, Captains and Commanders, you’re tuned to episode 318 of Guard Frequency — the best damn space sim podcast ever! This episode was recorded on August 7, 2020 and released for streaming and download on Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at GuardFrequency.com
[Download this episode]
(Right click, Save As…)
This Week’s Schedule
- Flight Deck
- We continue our audio adventure, Guard Frequency Origins, hitting the brakes, and watching them fly right by.
- Feedback Loop
Links & the Like
- It’s day 29 of the “Elite Dangerous Patch That Broke The Game One Piece At a Time.” First, it was an LTD gold rush. Then, it was a Tritium nerf. Now, the tritium is still not back to normal, and some carrier owners are reporting that they can’t jump their ships. Oh, also, the French are plotting an invasion of the Andceeth system.
- It’s Week 10 of the Brian Chambers “Don’t Listen to Them, We Know You’re Coming Back” Vigil. We know you still love us and want to talk to us really, really soon. About Squadron 42. Also, Early Access Three-dot-Ten is on the Live server, and the most exciting new feature is the penguin. Next, the sprint report on this week’s ISC was pretty good. And finally, wouldn’t you know it, we found all the missing b-roll from the scrappy Briefing Room show! Yeah, it turns out it was hiding in the 90 second trailer for the Three Dot Ten release! It’s always the last place you look, am I right?
- And finally, Tony has been getting questions about the whole WeChat/Tencent/TikTok thing and actually looked a couple of things up on the lawyer-webs. The “Too Long, Didn’t Listen” version is that Tencent’s minority stake in Frontier probably isn’t enough to get Frontier put on the Naughty List and permabanned from the United States. Probably. Likely. Definitely maybe not, like only in the weirdest extreme circumstances.
- Who is ordering a cuddly digital penguin? Or some dust? Or fire or grass?
- Who’s booting up Elite and enlisting in the Andceeth resistance?
We love bringing you this show each week, but would also love your support? If you enjoy listening and want to contribute to us being the Best Damn Space Sim Podcast Ever, then go to our Patreon page and look at all of the rewards and loot you would be eligible to receive.
Join Us In Game!
Trackback from your site.