Cits and Civs, Captains and Commanders, you’re tuned to episode 356 of Guard Frequency — the best damn space sim podcast ever! This episode was recorded on May 21, 2021 and released for streaming and download on Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at GuardFrequency.com
[Download this episode]
(Right click, Save As…)
This Week’s Schedule
- Flight Deck
- And there is just way too much stuff to talk about this week, so we’re going to skip GPR and GFO.
- Feedback Loop
Links & the Like
- Elite Dangerous officially launched the closed beta of Odyssey to great fanfare and has fulfilled every one of our expectations. A daily release cadence of dot-dot patches, check. Networking, instancing and teaming problems, check. Inexplicable bugs and oversights, check. Relentless logging back in to try to break the game in weird ways, cheh…. Well, I guess that one’s on us. We have so many things to say, but let’s get the other games out of the way first.
- Star Citizen waves its hands around desperately for attention, reminding us that they make spaceships too as Invictus week kicks off. In addition to a concept sale, a walking tour, and flybys, there’s also a vendor hall. So go sit in the capital ship turret and make the pew pew sounds and don’t stay too long or the guards will murder you!
- No Man’s Sky starts it’s second expedition this week, including a cross promotion with the Mass Effect Remaster release. But don’t get too excited, they only give you the Normandy SR-1 as a prize, not the SR-2.
- Why does David Braben have a 7-year old computer on his desk?
- What X-Shaped Ship did you see when you saw the RSI concept? Wrong answers only.
We love bringing you this show each week, but would also love your support? If you enjoy listening and want to contribute to us being the Best Damn Space Sim Podcast Ever, then go to our Patreon page and look at all of the rewards and loot you would be eligible to receive.
Join Us In Game!
Trackback from your site.