Cits and Civs, Captains and Commanders, you’re tuned to episode 332 of Guard Frequency — the best damn space sim podcast ever! This episode was recorded on November 20, 2020 and released for streaming and download on Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at GuardFrequency.com
[Download this episode]
(Right click, Save As…)
This Week’s Schedule
- Flight Deck
- The news from the deep black with Spencer McDunn on Galactic Public Radio
- We continue our audio adventure, Guard Frequency Origins, taking the highway to the Danger Zone – and skipping the toll booth.
- Feedback Loop
Links & the Like
Guard Frequency: Origins premieres with Mission 1
- Star Citizen begins its IAE 2020 event and continues its proud tradition of releasing new unannounced ships and testing the limits of what the word “homage” can cover.
- Elite: Dangerous has gone and announced that they are going to rebalance earning rates for the four major game loops: combat, mining, exploration, and trading. Either this will break the in-game economy and ruin everything that is good and holy and sacred about the lore of the universe, OR… it will usher in a golden era of peace and tranquility among pilots everywhere. There is no middle ground here. Also, there is talk among the Community Managers – well OK, one forum post from one community manager – that Open-Only Powerplay might be back on the table. They’ve got about 3 months to get this all sorted out. No pressure. And they managed to screw up last week’s community goal. Also, Epic Elite alts are a thing now.
- Star Wars: Squadrons, has been patching the patches, and has promised to fix the only things missing from the original release: B-Wings are coming. And also TIE Defenders, but those things are just freaky looking. More gear, custom matchmaking and bug squashings galore. Just in time for a 50% off Black Friday sale that makes everyone wish they had waited to buy it.
- KaiZen’s Feedback:
Good show last week guys. One small point of correction. That FSD rewarded was not a niche item but rather good for ALL exploration ships. Take a look at what the second level 5 engineering actually grants:
First engineer 5 above grants +55 optimal mass
The fast boot grants an ADDITIONAL 15% optimal mass. Meaning more jump range for EVERY SHIP (that uses FSD5) BAR NONE. That’s not a niche, that’s ALWAYS good.
Basically you are looking at roughly an additional 5 LY jump range for most ships from this which brings other ships up to challenge the mighty anaconda which is so unfun to fly…
- Are you enjoying the Consolidated Outland Asp Nomad? Do you like that peacocked asp?
- And are you looking forward to the gameplay reward rebalance in Elite?
We love bringing you this show each week, but would also love your support? If you enjoy listening and want to contribute to us being the Best Damn Space Sim Podcast Ever, then go to our Patreon page and look at all of the rewards and loot you would be eligible to receive.
Join Us In Game!
Trackback from your site.