Cits and Civs, Captains and Commanders, you’re tuned to episode 339 of Guard Frequency — the best damn space sim podcast ever! This episode was recorded on January 22, 2021 and released for streaming and download on Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at GuardFrequency.com
[Download this episode]
(Right click, Save As…)
This Week’s Schedule
- Flight Deck
- The news from the deep black with Spencer McDunn on Galactic Public Radio
- We continue our audio adventure, Guard Frequency Origins, successfully navigating an asteroid belt while never telling you the odds.
- Feedback Loop
Links & the Like
Guard Frequency: Origins premieres with Mission 1
- Frontier Developments releases another Q&A for our Friday night dissection. This time, it’s 6 uninformative A’s regarding the interface and 14 slightly better Q’s regarding the NPCs. We shall slice and dice them as much as possible and toss the scraps to you, our information-starved listeners.
- Star Citizen releases Alpha 3.12.1 to the PTU for all to see and hear and love. And they show off rivers during ISC and tell us that the chow line is ready via the Squadron 42 newsletter. Also, I hope you didn’t leave your Cutlass parked on Levski, because it’s leaving the solar system. Your girlfriend, the hotdog vendor will miss you – probably.
- Everspace 2 heads for the standard Early Access phase of its life cycle. Clocking in at $40, we’re starting to wonder if, GOSH, maybe companies are starting to … I dunno… ABUSE the “early access” label to charge full price for an unfinished game as early as possible. Nah, we’re probably overreacting.
- How do you know when Early Access is worth it?
- What’s your take on NPCs that don’t follow the same rules?
We love bringing you this show each week, but would also love your support? If you enjoy listening and want to contribute to us being the Best Damn Space Sim Podcast Ever, then go to our Patreon page and look at all of the rewards and loot you would be eligible to receive.
Join Us In Game!
Trackback from your site.