Greetings Citizens and Civilians, you’re tuned to episode 132, of Guard Frequency — the best damn space sim podcast ever! This episode was recorded on Friday 12th August 2016 and released for streaming and download on Tuesday, August 16th 2016 at GuardFrequency.com [Download this episode]
We load the Host Roulette gun once again and fire nothing but blanks. No, wait, it’s Geoff, Jayce and Kinshadow. Close enough. To start out this week’s episode of the Best Damn Space Sim Podcast Ever it’s a bird! It’s a plane! No, it’s … bees? On the Flight Deck we see what news has landed from your favourite space-sims as we cover:
- A little about the immediate future and a lot about NPCs from the latest Around The Verse for Star Citizen
- Some news about Descent: Underground that’s sure to be interesting and is in no way being submitted late by our DU correspondent Kinshadow, meaning I have no idea what to put for links for the show notes (head on over to www.descendentstudios.com for lots of good stuff)
- A little about Elite: Dangerous and Gamescom
- And, of course, the launch of No Man’s Sky
Next, we debate personality types, and finally we tune into the Feedback Loop and let you join in on the conversation.
In case you missed something…
A quick note for those of you who may have been away from the show for a few weeks and are noticing a distinct lack of dulcet British tones and legal precision. Tony and Lennon have both reluctantly reduced their involvement in regular broadcasting with Guard Frequency. Lennon’s situation has forced him to take an extended, continuous break. Tony is running for State office in Kansas, and his campaign duties mean he can’t commit to regular recording times. Ostron is serving as Lennon’s replacement, and during the times that Tony is unavailable, Mr Kinshadow will be our go-to replacement. In general, though, you’re probably going to hear a greater variety of voices going forward as people adjust their schedules. Geoff, of course, isn’t going anywhere.
This Week’s Community Questions
- Do NPCs with colorful personalities enhance immersion and the depth of a game? Or do you just want competent ‘bots that will do their job for you without any extra coddling, encouragement, or smartass remarks?
Let us know your thoughts by commenting below!
We got patches!
Join us in-game!
Trackback from your site.