Greetings Citizens and Civilians, you’re tuned to episode 126, of Guard Frequency — the best damn space sim podcast ever! This episode was recorded on Friday 9th July 2016 and released for streaming and download on Tuesday, July 13th 2016 at GuardFrequency.com [Download this episode]
Lennon’s unfortunately absent once again so this week Tony and Geoff are joined by Ostron to bring you the latest episode of the Best Damn Space Sim Podcast Ever. In this week’s Squawk Box, we start our gentlemen’s engines… wait, that didn’t come out quite right…. On the Flight Deck we see what news has landed from your favourite space-sims as we cover:
- The latest from the subscriber RTV, and just a lot of general goodness for Star Citizen
- Finally making friends in Descent: Underground
- Updates on Infinity: Battlescape’s patching system and texture pipeline from their Weekly Updates #20 and #21
- And we respond to a listener’s mayday for news on Limit Theory
Next, we debate e-sports in open world space sims, and finally we tune into the Feedback Loop and let you join in on the conversation.
This Week’s Community Questions
- Does introducing e-sport aspects in open universe space-sims increase playability and press for the games, or does it merely suck development resources away from producing quality content to fill the larger universe?
Let us know your thoughts by commenting below!
We got patches!
Join us in-game!
Trackback from your site.